Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've always been a proud Jew.

Over at Slate, David Plotz is Blogging the Bible.

Weirdly enough, he's starting at the beginning. The very beginning.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The Legood Book

Seems pretty interesting, but I checked. 66 Books in the King James, 39 in the Old Testament. Seven chapters (of 50) in one day. So, maybe 273 days at this pace, with no days off, just for the OT. Something like that?

Noah's Ark

Alright, I can't think of anything more interesting to say about the Bible. One final thing, I love this guy's name is Plotz. It's always been one of my favorite Yiddish words, up there with magilla.

I was going to make up funny example sentences, but you can't beat:
"OMG!!! Genghis will plotz! Shira Brie's training covered..."
(from a Jedi fanfic forum)

And of course, "the whole magilla". Or something totally different.

Laoist Magilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home