Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Works of Art from the U.S.A.

The Noah's Ark art below was done in 1974 by Romare Bearden. This is one of his more rarely available pieces - or so I thought. I saw it at the High Museum in Atlanta around 1988 or so - still have the poster.

I linked the best image I could find, which was from Negro Artist. I like some of his art you can buy pretty easily, which are mostly Jazz scenes. But his page at this site is exhaustive. Gonna try to build a collage of the cooler new stuff I see.

Click on each section to see it all blown up:
Maudell SleetsMecklenburgRagging HomeMarsh HawkElectric
Prologue/TroyAutumn LampPrevalence


Ok, almost done here... Some more info on Bearden.

In looking around for the image, I just knew the piece's name wasn't "Noah's Ark" - as everyone was calling it. It's not - it's called "Noah, Third Day."
(And according to the High Museum, it was 1972. Who knows?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home