Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Have A Dream(s)

Don't worry - this isn't going to become a Dream Journal blog. But the last two nights have brought me a pair of elaborate, continuous, epic dreams.

Ghost Ships

In last night's, I was a guest in some girl's apartment. The previous night's party hadn't been there, and the person I was staying with wasn't a good friend, complete stranger or girlfriend. I had something important to get to that day, so I really kind of needed to go. Nevertheless, I mixed several scotch-and-waters in a four-foot-long crystal ashtray, helped hide drugs from law enforcement, took multiple naps, and did some laundry. I believe I also used the word "naïf," which I just now learned was a recent word of the day online.

Ashtray

In the apartment's laundry room, there was a very small sushi bar - room for only one or two stools. And the Nipponese sushi chef (in uniform) explained to me The History of Sushi. It seemed pretty thorough, and may well have been in Japanese, but only one part sticks with me. He said that sushi portions were small because of his culture's concern for "face" and not giving affront. With smaller discrete pieces, sushi could be enjoyed without leaving partially-eaten food sitting in view of one's companion(s). Thus sparing all the resulting discomfort and embarrassment!

It's fish!

This theory(?) is all news to me, but I guess it sort of makes sense. Considering my brain came up with it, I suppose it would. I've never heard anything about The History of Sushi... so I thought I'd post this, and then find out.

...

Ok, I checked all around, and I can't find any-such-thing of the sort on the exhaustive and always-reliable Internet. Although this history does connect the sushi chef's hand positions to ninjas!

Mammals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home