Friday, June 23, 2006

Rock Radio

So, someone at work today stumbled across the equivalent of six years of my unheeded advice, and we all got to go home an hour-and-a-half early. One way or another...

So, I'm driving home at an unusual time (3:15pm), and something great is on the radio - 90.1fm Pacifica - apparently called "Uncastrated Classic Rock" (today's playlist isn't up yet right now, but the link's there). So, they were playing a David Bowie song I didn't know, then some pretty heavy glam stuff, and overall the kind of thing I'd definitely check out on a regular basis. Maybe less far-reaching than Little Steven's Underground Garage, but damn fine for radio in Houston.

Bowie-Ronson

Also, I get to see Christian Arnheiter cruising around - where else? - on lower Westheimer... Moped scooter? Pink mohawk? Perma-grin? That's him!

Kinda reminded me that I forgot to link to yesterday's comforting episode of "Engines of Our Ingenuity." Never expected to hear The Who on this show... I need to check out one of his books sometime.

[Edit: We ran up to Half Price Books, and I got this one.]

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger cdgilpin said...

I must confess to having added Engines of our Ingenuity to my podcast out of pure nostalgia- it has always been entertaining and I never miss an episode. Lienhard reminds me of a hybrid between Jack Palance and Mr. Rogers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home