Wednesday, June 21, 2006

More Classic Movies soon!

On the last weekend in June (and repeated the next), outdoor sit-in style classics can be seen in this town of mine - Houston, TX, U.s.A.

Here's the schedule.

June 29 (and July 1) - "Casablanca" - one of the most beloved movies of all time (and my AIM Friday Movie Contest entry for "Best Chick Flick," can't remember if it was a winner.)



June 30 (and July 2) - "Singin' in the Rain" - not a big fan of musicals (I'll probably miss "Yankee Doodle Dandy"), but this is a quality movie for reals. I think it's the topic - movies' transition to sound - that allows me to accept the Musical conventions.



Would like to see both of these on the big screen - sounds fun!

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger cdgilpin said...

I got to see the "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" at Miller Outdoor while the Houston Orchestra played during the silent movie.... Defintely a very cool experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home