Thursday, July 13, 2006

Why do I work afternoons?

So, I'm off today. The A/C guy comes by a little late (quoting the "Petticoat Junction" themesong), but he leaves me some good news - immediate relief! I mess around for awhile, then go for the groceries. On the way back home, I hear a really nice little song on KRTU. The kind of thing that makes me calmly think, "Why couldn't this have been a regular hit song? (instead of all the rage-inducing manipulative dreck that clutters the...!!!)" Apparently, early afternoon is the time to hear decent rock radio around here.

Die Shins

So, I saw The Shins at Vegoose last year (see My Profile for me and Kristine during Ween), and they were really good. Sounded good, obviously enjoyed it a lot, didn't get boring. Not 100% my cup o' tea, but I was much less than disinterested. Can't really say the same thing for the "Garden State" movie, but I don't think I was the target moviegoer. Hopefully...

Zach and Natalie

So, the point is: when I'm looking to a Shins song on the "Garden State" soundtrack for rock radio redemption - it's time to consider armed occupation of local stations.
[Hit the little speaker button to hear a clip.]

Viva!


[Edit: O yeah, Nick Drake was on the "Garden State" OST, so I've hidden a video-link behind Che.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home