Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Red Rocks Show

Had a great time - I'll write up more of the trip, but it was a lot of relaxation and nature.

Missed Go! Team. No big deal to me.

Confetti Tutti!
Flaming Lips were entertaining, but continued to stay firmly in the present (with Queen and Sabbath covers).
Setlist, with discussion.
Race For the Prize
Cover: Bohemian Rhapsody
Free Radicals
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 2
Vein of Stars
Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
The W.A.N.D.
My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion
She Don't Use Jelly
(marriage proposal on stage)
Do You Realize??

Encore: Cover of War Pigs with images of Bush, Cheney and Powell flashing on the screen.
No big surprises - "Vein of Stars" sounded really nice - I went to the restroom during "Cosmic Autumn Rebellion." (perfect timing!) Fun stageshow - Alien Cheerleaders, Santas, space bubbles, confetti (controversy over Natl. Parks littering!)...

Claudius Thumpibus
As always Ween had the more diversified Setlist, but I wish they'd played the following night's when I was in attendance.
The Golden Eel, Baby Bitch (incorrectly attrib.), Spinal Meningitis (got me down), Light me Up and Get me High, Happy Colored Marbles, Take me Away, The GroBe, Even if you Don't, Wavin' my Dick in the Wind, Voodoo Lady, Exactly Where I'm At, Bananas and Blow, The HIV Song, Buckingham Green, Captain Fantasy

::acoustic:: The Mollusk, Chocolate Town, Tried and True, Mutilated Lips,

I'll be your Johnny on the Spot, Dr. Rock, Puerto Rican Power, Icantputmyfingeronit, Ocean Man, Reggaejunkiejew, Someday

::encore:: The Blarney Stone
Let's see... "Blarney Stone," or "LMLYP -> Crimson & Clover" then "Ace of Spades" for an encore(s) - hmmmmm... But seriously, great show and a staggeringly awesome place to see a couple of great bands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home