Sunday, June 18, 2006

Now let me get this straight...

I was at the Chinese place up the road, so I picked up a Houston Voice - the Montrose-area gay weekly.

I was sure they were wrong in their description of Westboro Baptist's protest logic. So, when I got home, I did a little digging. I had seen this article, which kind of touched on the Fred Phelps method of protesting funerals. But it didn't give a clear idea of their total insanity.

Yes, it's true. These people protest the funerals of American soldiers, because they say that military casualties in Iraq are a result of America's tolerance for gay people. They protest homosexuality at military funerals, regardless of the soldier's sexual orientation!

The soldiers who were killed in Iraq weren't gay, but the church members say the rising death toll is a sign of God's displeasure with America because of its tolerance for gays.

Well, I guess that's why they registered GodHatesFags.com - amazing.

Wha?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home